Monday, October 26, 2009

Golfing fun!!!

So, yesterday afternoon (Oct 25th) we took the kids miniature golfing for the very first time. Molly pretty much just followed us around, but Jackson really got into it! I did keep up a score card. Initially, I didn't know if I would but, when Jackson got an honest 3 on the first hole, I decided I needed to. The second hole didn't go so well, but then he got an honest 2 on the third hole!!! We started calling him "Tiger"!!!! Of course, that was the end of his amazing putts (he came very close to getting a hole in one), but all of it was SOOOOOO much fun!
Backing up briefly, our initial plan was to go to Young's Jersey Dairy to go through the corn maze, pet the animals, and get some ice cream. We ended up going mini golfing and eating at the Golden Jersey restaurant.
Many of you know that I have been working at losing weight. Let me just send out this warning. If you are trying to lose weight, do NOT eat at the Golden Jersey. We got the craziest amount of food! Most restaurants give you some bread before a meal, right? Well, we got applesauce, coleslaw, and sweet potato bread (<---- delicious!!!!)! I did notice they didn't have an appetizer menu and now I think I know why! The photo below of Jackson was taken just after we told him he was going to get ice cream after dinner. He was a little excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment