Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Do these socks match?


This evening, the whole family went up stairs to play for a little bit before bedtime. Since Jackson and Molly were both happy and playing well together, I decided to take advantage of the time and tackle matching socks. This has to be my absolute least favorite part of doing laundry. I had a full clothes basket of socks and decided I could put it off no more. So I sat just outside of the bedrooms and began to organize and match dozens of white socks. Soon after I began, Molly wandered over and decided she wanted to help me. Of course, as every mother knows, a 10 month old does not help with laundry. She creates laundry. Anyway, she began pulling out socks one by one and tossing them on the floor. Jackson noticed this and decided to join in. However, Jackson, being himself, had to do her one better. This meant pulling out as many socks as possible and throwing them up in the air. Initially this had me frustrated. What's worse, Jason just sat there and laughed. Thankfully, it didn't take long for the frustration to fade and the fun to set in. I sent Jason to get the camera and I began throwing socks. It was actually quite cathartic. Unfortunately, the fun had to end and it was bedtime. Now, I have two sleeping children and my socks are still waiting to be matched. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment