Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's a zoo in here!!!

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of taking the kids to Milwaukee to visit family. Jackson has a cousin, Oliver, who is only 2 months older than him so it's always fun to get the boys together. They wrestled, jumped, spun, shouted, and ran with each other. It was great! Molly enjoyed watching from the safety of the exersaucer.


The first night we actually stayed at a friends house and I learned what a challenge it really would be to sleep in the same bed with Jackson. Now, if I weren't trying to sleep, all of this would be incredibly cute and wonderful, but not when it's 1:00am and you need sleep. The first night Jackson trying to sleep on top of me at least five times. Then he woke me up at 5:00am saying, "Hi Mommy! Jackson wake now!" So cute now. So not cute then. Thankfully, when we went over to my brothers house, I was able to put a body pillow in between Jackson and me and the nights got much better (not that any of them were perfect).








During this visit, we spent Saturday morning at the Milwaukee Zoo! I really don't remember when the last time was that I went to this zoo. It seemed a lot more fun this time, then I remember. Jackson had a bit of a meltdown at the beginning, but, as we saw more and more animals, he got a lot better. It was fun to listen to Jackson talk to and about all the animals. Apparently, all elephants are "baby" elephants. Of all the animals to insist on........ the elephant??? Even after seeing it up close, it's still a "baby" elephant. Also, apparently camels know how to play ring-around-the-rosey and I had no idea that peacocks could actually fly!
Another highlight of the weekend was Molly standing herself up without holding on to anything. She did that many times and also took several steps. I certainly wouldn't call her a walker yet, but she's working on it. It won't be long now.

Overall, the visit was a success. We look forward to Jackson and Oliver growing up to be great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment