Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sunglasses in December

Both of my kids absolutely hate to have the sun in their eyes. The minivan has sunshades, but sometimes that just doesn't suffice. I wasn't sure if it would work, but I decided to get them sunglasses. They each got to pick out their own. Molly picked an adorable pair with yellow daisies all over them. Jackson selected a pair of Spiderman glasses. To my amazement, they both wore them for the entire ride home. Soon the sun was right in their eyes but, thanks to their sunglasses, not a complaint was to be had. It was wonderful!

We seemed to have a little bit of springtime in December as well. (I like to think of it as God giving me a mini vacation from the tortures of small children with cabin fever.) So we spent an afternoon playing outside and truly putting our sunglasses to the test. Both kids rode their bikes, ran around, and slid down slides.

I'll miss you, sunshine. But we're prepared for your return.



No comments:

Post a Comment