Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What a week of fun!



Okay, okay! I know it has been over a week since my last blog. Don't worry, Jason has been nagging enough for everyone. But, in my defense, it has been a crazy week!
So, last Wednesday, the 22nd, was Molly Jean's first birthday! She had taken her first steps over a month ago, but last Tuesday she just took off!
On Saturday, we had Molly's birthday party in our backyard. The Lord was good to us and gave us beautiful weather for the party. It was a little windy, but, being that is was over 80 degrees outside, I found it refreshing.
We were able to celebrate with several good friends. I had to get Molly up from her nap for the party, so it took a little while for her to really get in the mood. Well, time and a little bit of sugar may have helped. I think she liked her sunflower cake.
You will have to go to www.picasaweb.google.com/themcginthys to see all the wonderful presents she received! She truly is enjoying them all! Thank you!
On Sunday, my parents came of from Florida to spend a wonderful day with us! We did our best to make the most of it.

First, Jackson, Papa, and Framma enjoyed a little of the outdoors. Papa spent some quality digging time in the sandbox. And Framma wasn't afraid to get a little wet for her little guy! After dinner, we headed out to Young's Jersey Dairy for some ice cream and animal fun. Molly enjoyed seeing the baby goats and Jackson loved the cows and climbing on the tractor. Molly also enjoyed her first ice cream. I thought I would just share mine with her, but I think I should have gotten one for herself.
So, I have a 1 year old and I really do feel like she was just born! I know every mom says that, but it's only because it's so true. Where did the time go? When did she learn to do so much? Even though I can't figure out where the time went, we are surely enjoying our children so much!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute kids! I am sorry we missed the party! I hope it went well. I bet Jackson loves getting to be outside again.

    ReplyDelete