Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Photo #192 The BIG Day!!!!

Today was Jackson's very first day of preschool!!!  Everyone was very excited for him.  I made a wonderful breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage, got his lunch and backpack ready, and off we went!  We got there a little bit early so we couldn't go to his classroom right away.  We waiting in the lobby with other parents and children.  While waiting, Jackson was walking around and talking to everyone.  It was delightful!  He enjoyed showing all of his "friends" his backpack and lunch box.

Eventually, we headed to his classroom.  He tried to tell his new teacher, Miss. Mel, that he needed to have the blue cubbie because blue is his favorite color (his name was by the yellow cubbie), but he didn't win that battle.  Go Miss. Mel!

We picked him up at 2:30 and found out he did not nap.  This did not surprise me, but it did explain his cranky behavior.  I am hopeful that this will change after a couple weeks.

Today was also Molly's first gymnastics class.  I didn't know it before we arrived, but it is a "Mommy and Me" class.  It took a little bit for Molly to warm up, but once she got going, we both had a blast.  To my amazement, she does fantastic forward rolls and hand stands against the wall.  She can also hang from a bar for..... well.....forever!  She really is my little monkey!  We are both looking forward to going back on Thursday!  Unfortunately, with me being involved in the class, I don't really know when or if I will ever get photos of her in action.  I'll work on it.

Benny misses his little people while they're gone.
Ready.....set.....PRESCHOOL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment