Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Photo #195 We Love the Zoo!!!

:::Warning:  There are a million photos in this post! :)  :::
Today was a PERFECT weather day.  When I got up this morning, it was 60 degrees and completely sunny.  By the time we got to the zoo, it was about 70 and still completely sunny.  So, what better activity for a day like today, than going to the zoo!  Little did I know, I would be bringing two little monkeys there.

When we got there, not many of the animals were out yet, so I let the kids play on the playground for a while.  Jackson seems to have mastered the art of climbing!  I was impressed.  I know this makes Grandma nervous but just know that he made it back to the ground safely. :)

Watching a train go by.
Molly wanted to get in on the climbing, so she got on the turtle. :)
Eventually, I started noticing more of the animals were out so we headed off for more of our adventure.  First, we checked out the black bear.  This is definitely the closest I have ever been and hope to ever be to a black bear.  He was adorable!  Initially, he was laying down relaxing, then Molly started eating her cookie and he perked up and came over to visit us!
Next, we said "hello" to the ocelots, or as Molly likes to call them, the "kitties!"
After the kitties, we spent quite a bit of time enjoying the river otters.  I would have to say they are my favorite!  To me, they're kind of like the puppies of wildlife!  The kids enjoyed them, too.
And here are a few more animals we encountered!
The great horned owl.
The giant tortoise.
And last but not least, the ugly duckling!

1 comment: