Sunday, December 12, 2010

Photo #228 Glorious Day!

So, today was a big day!  It was the day of our church Christmas musical!  I was SOOOOOO excited for every minute of it.

It started off with singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and Away in a Manger.  Then, it was time for my preschool choir to take over.  They had two songs to sing, Wasn't That a Mighty Day and Behold That Star.  Aside from Jackson knocking the girl next to him in the head and a couple diva moments from some others, it was spectacular performance.  Of course, all of those moments just warm our hearts and put smiles on everyone's faces (well, everyone except the ones getting knocked in the head).

Finally came the big production.  I was suppose to be singing in the choir but, having been without a voice for the past five days, that just wasn't happening.  Part of me was disappointed, but most of me was happy to get the chance to just sit back, listen, and worship.  

Each and every song was beautiful, but one song just gets me every time.  Casting Crowns has a song titled Glorious Day.  The soloists and the choir sang it beautifully, but in my head, all I could hear were my two and four year old children sitting in the back seat of the van and singing (and shouting) the words, "Living, He loved me.  Dying, He saved me.  Buried, He carried my sins far away.  Rising, He justified freely forever.  One day He's coming.  Oh, glorious day!  Oh, glorious day!"  There will never be a more beautiful sound.  In moments like that, I think to myself, "This must be how God feels when we sing for Him."  And if that is how He feels, I hope I get to sing to Him forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment