Sunday, July 4, 2010

Photo #162 Happy 4th of July!!!



What a happy 4th of July!!!  It started off with a fantastic church service.  I enjoyed getting to sing each military branches song.

Next came lunch and naps all around!  I love naps.  Unfortunately, I couldn't sleep as long as I would have liked because I needed to clean up and get ready for some friends to come over.

Once they arrived, we had a great summer meal.  I grilled out brats, hot dogs, hamburgers, and even churizos!  Then fruit salad, baked beans, and chips.  To finish it all off....ice cream cake!!!

After dinner, we took the kids outside to burn off some energy and chase some bubbles!


Eventually, our friends had to go home.  Jason and I decided we were going to try to keep the kids up to watch fireworks.  We thought we would be able to see them from our backyard (we didn't have as good of a view as we thought we would).  We gave the kids a bath, and then let them watch some Curious George.


Eventually, we headed back outside and had some fun with sparklers!  I must say, sparklers have come a long way.  The second photo is what I liked to call "grown up sparklers."


Molly didn't last.  The fireworks were scheduled to start around 9:15.  I think she made it to 8:45 and then she told me she wanted to go to bed.  Yes, she really did tell me that.


Jackson was tired, but he was a trooper.  He actually stayed up until 9:50 and got to see several fireworks.  With them being legal for the public in New Mexico, there were fireworks going off all around us!


Happy Freedom day everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment