Saturday, March 13, 2010

Photo #67 A very long day indeed....

I am currently in Pensacola, Florida.  At 1:00am, however, I wasn't entirely sure I would get here.

Last night, while Jason was at his usual Friday night soccer game, I went in to check on Molly since she was crying.  When I walked in, she seemed hysterical (not the funny kind) so I picked her up.  Not long after, she threw up all over me.  After cleaning both of us up, I took her temperature and discovered she had a 104.3 temp.  Wow!  Instantly, I tried to figure out how to get her to a doctor.  I really didn't want to wake up Jackson and take him to the ER with us.  I called my WONDERFUL friend, Dana, and she came over right away to stay with Jackson until Jason got home.

Molly went through the gambit.  She had chest x-rays, neck x-rays, a UTI test, a humidifier mask.  Thank the good Lord she didn't have to get blood taken.  She was given steroids and tylonal.  It was crazy!  Finally, we left with an antibiotic and a diagnosis of croop.  The antibiotic was mainly to be safe rather than sorry and, otherwise, there isn't too much to do for croop.

We got home at 1:00am and Molly seemd to be back to her super silly and happy self.  We decided we were going to stick with our plan to drive to Florida.

We got up about 6:30am and, when I got Molly up, she seemed to be completely fever free.  I have no clue what she had, but she's doing tons better now!  She still has her cough and we're praying she is still able to get good rest inspite of the cough.


On to our FANTASTIC (insert sarcasm here) car ride.  I would say at least 7 of the 13 hours was spent with Molly crying, "I want get out!"  She hates to be restrained.

Jackson was actually pretty great.  However, my kids just don't sleep in the car.  Below, you will find a photo of Jackson asleep in the car.  This was taken about 1 hour before we got to Grandma and Grandpa's house.  He slept for about 20 minutes.  20 MINUTES!!!  Out of 13 HOURS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment