Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Photo #43 As She Is

Sometimes people wonder why I take some of the photos that I do.  Why take a picture of my child crying?  Why take a photo when they are sick?  To this I say, "I want photos of my children as they are."  Everyone knows that children are not always sitting nicely and smiling for the camera.  My children are certainly no exception and I don't want them to be.  My hope by taking all these photos, is to be able to look back at them fifteen or more years from now and be able to remember what their childhood was like.  Good and bad.  It is their little lives and I don't want to miss a moment.  I know I won't get everything on camera, but I can sure try!

Today was no exception to these rules.  I gave Molly some strawberry applesauce at lunchtime and boy did she have fun with it!  At one point, she would take her spoon, scoop out some applesauce, pour the sauce into her other hand, and then put it in her mouth.  She thought it was hilarious.  Next, she wanted to lick the applesauce off her own chin.  After that, she decided to play some peek-a-boo with her ooey-gooey hands. In the end, she used the mostly empty cup to pretend to make a sand castle on the table.




At the end of the day, she is still my beautiful little girl.  She brings joy to my life and I love every inch of her.

See more fun photos at www.picasaweb.google.com/themcginthys.

No comments:

Post a Comment