Wednesday, February 11, 2009

All about me Vol. 1

As I was driving home from Graitter's (that's an ice cream place for you out of towners) this evening, I decided that I needed to add a section to my blog. For those of you who just want to hear about my kids, you can stop reading now. This section is all about me.
Most of you don't know but I recently made the solid decision to lose (hopefully) 40-50 lbs. How did I come to this decision? Well, it has gone in and out of my head for the past several months. Last week, a friend of mine shared that she was working hard to lose about 30 lbs. As I drove home from seeing her, God laid it on my heart that I needed to help her do this and in turn, be helped. So each day she and I send e-mails back and forth sharing our challenges, our victories, and even our failures. Meanwhile, encouraging each other to continue on. It has been wonderful! But after having gone to Graitters with the full intention of getting TWO small chocolate shakes and then coming home with only one, I really wanted to share it with so many people! Some of you may laugh a little, or even be confused but it truly was a victory!
And so, I call this the "all about me" section of my blog. Here I will be completely honest about my successes and failures as I go on this journey. In turn, I hope to give you a few laughs, encourage those who may be struggling and be held accountable for my decisions.
So, as I listen to my husband slurping his milkshake, I hope this won't bore you too much. Thank you for your support!

Janice

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome Janice! You are very determined and I know that you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on your way, Janie :) My friend lost 50 lbs. last year- she started running and doing 5K's- it really motivated her. Let me know if you want to sign up for one, I would totally do it with you :)


    P.S> Good job passing on the milkshake, too. Sluuurp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should say Janice. But Janie is cute, too.

    ReplyDelete