Thursday, February 19, 2009

What is going on at my house?!?!?!

Crazy weather, cranky kids, and big messes! What a day!?! And it's only 3:00pm.

To start off this very strange day, we had a random 10 minute snow storm. In the midst of it, I called Jason to let him know that I thought his afternoon class might get cancelled. He (I'm sure cause I'm his wife) rolled his eyes and said, "I'm already here. It won't be cancelled." And proceeded to ask why. I explained that it was snowing so hard I could hardly see the houses across the street! No more than 5 minutes after hanging up the phone did the snow completely stop, but I saw sunshine and blue sky's!!! WEIRD! Of course, Jason had to call me back to point this out. Thankfully, I managed to take pictures during the actually snowfall, so I have proof that it really did happen.

After that came lunch time. I knew that the meal could get a little bit messy, but I really thought Jackson was past this. As my dear friend, Susie, would say, "Come on. Really?"

I realize the photo might be a bit confusing. The tears are because I said it was time to clean him off. The smile was bribed out of him with a cookie. What you don't see in the photo is that his belly and arms are also completely covered. Oh me, oh my! A nap soon followed and I am discovering (as he woke up while I wrote this) the nap was not nearly long enough. How do I know this? Well, he tried to be nice by wanting to clean his blocks. No, I don't mean pick them up. I mean clean. He threw a fit because I wouldn't let him use a paper towel for his blocks. Now, one paper towel I could understand, but he wanted a new paper towel for each and every block! To this, I say "no." And the tantrums continue.


Molly has actually been pretty good today. She woke up around 12:30am last night and not again until 7:00am this morning. But getting food on their faces seems to be an epidemic for my children. Thankfully, Molly's was just really cute and easy to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment