Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's only 10:30am and I've already....

... had to scrub the kitchen floors. Why? Because there were little blue footprints running across it. Footprints which were made with FINGER paint. Apparently the finger part is optional.

... washed Jackson's hands, belly, arms, feet, legs, and chin. Again, the finger part must be optional. And I have washed all of these at least three times this morning. You see, Jackson loves to wash his hands. He never gets them completely clean, but he likes to stand up on the stool and play in the water. So, in the middle of his finger painting, he randomly decides he needs to wash his hands. I think, after the forth time washing his hands, I decided we were done finger painting.

... wiped Jackson's nose a million times. Why does it always seem when one child gets better, the other one just takes over? Thankfully, he doesn't seem to have the crankiness to go with it, this time.
On a lighter note, the past couples days have been great (except for me feeling ill). Yesterday was our first chance to grill out this year. Jackson had his first brat and was thrilled to get corn on the cob. Sometimes, I think he could eat all night long. He only ate half of his brat but then ate two corn cobs, a bowl of applesauce, a Hershey kiss, and even while I was cleaning him off, continued to ask for more. I had to cut him off. It was for his own good.
Molly has turned into my little super model. Put a camera in front of her and she's ready to go! Here is just one series of Molly photo's. She is continuing to be delightful! It is also continuing to be easy to know she has a big brother. Most of the time she is awake, she is holding one of his cars (as shown in these photos). And in spite of the many, many times Jackson lays on top of, or sits on Molly, she just keeps coming back for more. Some of Molly's newest interests are her shopping cart, books, and dancing. I'm still working at catching her dancing on video. Don't have it yet, but I will. I'm a patient woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment