Monday, February 9, 2009

This is the beginning.....


After enjoying reading my friends blogs day after day after day, I decided it was time to jump on the band wagon. Does it make me a follower? Certainly. Do I feel bad about that? Not one bit. Those of you who live miles and miles away from us will now have a chance to glance into our daily lives and, hopefully, share in some of our daily laughter.

Jackson is keeping us on our toes. He always keeps us thinking twice before we say anything.

We are currently experiencing adventures in potty training. If anyone has any tips, I welcome all of them. He seems to be enjoying it, though. He claps and cheers for anyone who may have just gone potty.

Jackson's current favorite activity is vacuuming. Yes, you read that right. Do I feel blessed by this? Usually. The only down fall is that he thinks vacuuming is a group activity. He vacuums for two minutes and proceeds to say, "Mommy's turn!" What if Mommy doesn't want a turn? :/

I am also looking forward to better weather coming our way. We had the opportunity to visit Grandma and Grandpa Scharnick (aka Framma and Papa) down in Florida this past month. Oh the joy of spending hours and hours outside!


Molly has her fair share of fun. Yesterday, not fully remembering how messy they can get, I decided to give Molly her first biter biscuit. Needless to say, a bath quickly followed.


At the beginning of the month, I took Molly in for her 9 month check-up. That's right, a CHECK-UP! What did we come home with? Two ear infections! Of course the doctor had a million questions for me. "Did she have a cold recently? Does she have a temp? Has she been pulling on her ears? Has she been cranky?" To all of these questions all I could say was "No." It seems to me I have a little girl following in her mommy's footsteps. That, however, is a very long story for some other time.

Molly is getting into everything. Just when you think the house is safe, she finds that one can you forgot to put in the recycling, or manages to fall into a cloth's basket. She also show's a great desire to walk. The following video is a sample of what I like to call her "silly crawl."

Well, both of my children are sleeping so I have a few moments to gather up the pieces of my sanity before they get lost again.

1 comment: