Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Camera shy?

Lately I have noticed Jackson become more and more camera shy. Why does it seem that most boys seem to get like this at some point in their lives and it never really goes away? (Unless you're Uncle Neil and then the camera loves you!) At any time Jackson is more than happy to have me take a photo of his car, but when it comes to a photo of himself, he whines, crys, and trys to hide anywhere possible! I have two years of wonderful photo's filled with smiles and laughter. Now, I'm building up a collection of car photo's.
Molly, on the other hand, loves the camera! And boy does the camera love her! :) What can I say? She's cute! All she needs to see is the little orange red-eye light and she's all smiles!


So, why the difference? Some scientists might say that parents must train their children that way, just like we influence what toys they want to play with, right? (girls play with dolls, boys play with trucks?) I whole heartedly disagree. I'm not sure I could get Jackson to play with a doll if I locked him in a room filled with them (he'd probably just get nightmares). It's just how God made them! That reasoning sure works for me.

So, in the end, I guess I'll have to settle for happy action shots of Jackson and Molly striking a pose for the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment