Sunday, February 22, 2009

I love Ikea!


Saturday mornings are often donut days. Jackson enjoys going to Meijer with Mommy or Daddy and picking out his own donut. This time he chose a nice cake donut with bright blue and green frosting. Once we got home, he wasted no time in digging in. After a few minutes, I noticed he liked to eat his donut from the top (that being the frosting, of course). By the time he was done, I was left with a small circle of a plain cake donut and a 2 year old with a sugar rush. But it made him happy, so who am I to argue? :)
This past Saturday, we also took a family trip to one of my happiest places on earth, Ikea!!! Jackson keeps accumulating more and more toys and it is only going toAdd Image get worse with Molly, so I decided it was time to start organizing (I also just wanted to get a lot of the toys out of our living room). On the way there, Jason and I established what we needed to get and a budget for those items. What did we come home with? A tent, mirrors (for Molly to stare at the "other baby" and give her kisses), chalk, cereal canisters, pillows, and, oh yeah, an organizer for Jackson's room. Yeah, well, the only things on the list when we went there were the organizer and pillows. :) I love Ikea! And to those people who always leave with more than what they came for, I say, "That's okay! It happens to the best of us!"
Jackson loves his new tent. He's not always willing to share with Molly, but he does pretty well. And, yes, Jason and I have each had a turn in the tent ourselves. :) It's not very comfortable, but I'll sacrifice comfort to get my son to laugh and say, "funny Mommy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment